Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Shower...and 35 weeks and Counting...

The last few weeks have seemed to fly by...I'm still wondering where February went.  We were so busy with baby stuff (on top of everyday things) that the last month went by in flash.  One super exciting part of February was our Baby Shower on February 20th at Glenwood Oaks (I was 33 weeks).  It was such a wonderful day.  It was extremely humbling to see just how many people were there to show their support and love for us and this little baby boy.  We are so extremely lucky to have friends and family that care so much.  This baby is so blessed and he doesn't even know it!  We got so many generous gifts from the shower - I'm still writing thank you notes!  Here are just a few pictures from that special day:

 Me!  33 Weeks!

 The pretty favors my mom, Deanna, and Brian made!

 My Godmother, Annie, made this Baptismal Bonnet for Dominick that will later 
become a wedding hankie for his future wife.  Obviously, this gift made the tears FLOW! 

 Mom and Dad

 My sister-in-law Deanna and best friend Janet.  They helped make this day
so special!

 Nonna, Mom and Dominick  <3

 Me, Great-Gram and Rob

The delicious lemon fluff cake, courtesy of Great-Gram

It took quite a while to go through our huge pile of gifts!  In fact, it took me an hour and a half just to cut tags off of clothes newborn-3 months, blankets, and socks!  Dominick is going to be one well-dressed little man!  Check out this pile of gifts (minus the big box items!):

 Holy Presents!

Also, after the shower, we got to spend some time with Brian and Amy.  It was so good to see them.  We don't get to see Uncle Brian much anymore due to his crazy work schedule so our time with him is even more precious now!

 Rob, Me and Uncle Brian

After the shower was finally over, I washed all the newborn-3 month clothes, blankies, socks, hats, swaddlers - all those good things.  Unfortunately, I couldn't do much with any of it because the nursery wasn't finished yet!  Instead, I hung up what I could in the closet and Rob got busy putting the bigger things together - like the pack n' play, swing, and bassinet.

Daddy putting together the Snug-a-Bunny swing from Mike, Janet, and Natalie.

Within the last two weeks, we finally got the nursery done!  Rob painting the ceiling, primed the walls and all that fun stuff.  My dad (Papa) came over the paint the walls for us because we were getting crunched for time.  He did a fantastic job!  We put a light gray on the bottom and a light yellow on the top.  The colors match the bedding and everything just perfectly.  Then, Rob and his dad (Poppo) put up a beautiful chair rail to finish up the room!  On March 1st, our furniture was delivered.  My parents got the furniture for us for our shower gift.  It is GORGEOUS!  The crib will become a toddler bed and then a full-sized bed!  The changing table will become a fantastic dresser!  Here's the furniture when it was freshly delivered:

 Changing Table

 Crib

I could not wait to get home from work so I could start putting the room together.  I was eager to NEST!
In the meantime, 34 weeks came and went!  Here's the 34 week belly shot:

 Gettin' there!

The room is finally finished - with the exception of two little white shelves we have yet to put up on the wall.  It looks amazing.  I could just sit in the glider all day and look around the room!

 I love his room!  The little white shelves will go on the same wall as the
book shelf. 

 LOVE that glider from my Gram and Papa Joe!  So comfy!

 We'll eventually get a mirror for above the changing table.

For the last week or so, I was definitely feeling a lot more uncomfortable than before.  I could tell that the baby dropped.  My belly just felt farther away and I felt a ton more pressure.  I had gone to the doctor last Saturday and then again last Thursday.  Within those 5 days, baby dropped a whole 3 cm and the doctor could feel his head because he is so low!  I go back to the doctor this Saturday for an ultrasound and check-up.  This ultrasound will be the last time we "see" Dominick before we SEE Dominick!  And based on what the doctor said, we may be seeing him before his due date of April 9!

On Saturday, a photographer, Michelle, from Jamie & Michelle Photography came to our house for a maternity photo shoot.  It was absolutely awesome!  We've gotten to see a few pictures from her blog as a little teaser - I can NOT wait to see the rest!  She took a ton!  We took pictures in the nursery, living room, and family room and we even got some pictures with Dominick's big "sister," Francis!  I told Michelle that she has quickly become our family photographer!  : )  We hope to have her back after Dominick is born!  I can only imagine the fantastic pictures she will take then!  Also, Saturday was 35 weeks!  I can't  believe we're at 35 weeks already!  I can't believe he'll be here so soon!

 35 Weeks !

 I'm thinkin' it's about time Dominick starts thinking about 
moving out!  ; )

Well, hopefully everything continues to run smoothly!  I hope to just get through the next two weeks because I have a lot going on at work until the 18th - not to mention my class at Trinity that I'm teaching goes to April 4th!  Luckily I have a backup professor "on-call" JUST IN CASE!  Hopefully we'll also have good news to report from our doctor appointment on Saturday!  We're winding down to the end...or should I say, the beginning!

xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. I had my wedding shower at Glenwood Oaks and almost had my baby shower there on the 19th. Instead I was in the mood for pizza so we went to Aurellio's in Crete. :)

    The nursery looks awesome! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Dominick. :)

    ReplyDelete