Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby-moon

Over the weekend of December 3-5, Rob and I decided to take a little weekend getaway, a babymoon, before Dominick arrives.  We wanted to go somewhere, just the two of us, before I get too big and uncomfortable.  So, we decided on Lake Geneva.  My family has been going to Lake Geneva for years, since before I was born.  Many of my fondest childhood memories are from there.  Many of my fun memories of my early twenties are from there.  Most importantly, Rob and I got engaged there in 2007, just a few days short of exactly three years ago.

We decided to try a new place to stay so we booked a suite at The Mill Creek Lodge.  We absolutely loved it there.  It is right in downtown Lake Geneva and you could see the lake from our windows.  It worked out perfectly for those times that I just couldn't walk around any longer and needed a quick rest - we were never too far away!  The room was awesome.  It had a kitchen, dining area, family room, balcony, bedroom, and a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi.

 Kitchen and Dining Area

 Family Room

 Bedroom

Balcony

On Friday, I picked Rob up from work around 2:00 and we headed out to Wisconsin.  We got there rather quickly and were ready to enjoy the weekend.  We walked around some and then went to an early dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Popeye's (and NO, it's not Popeye's chicken!).  Rob had 'all you can eat' fish and potato pancakes and I had the BEST ribs I have ever had in my life!  MMM!  They cook their ribs, pulled pork, and chicken outside over fires.  It's awesome!

At Popeye's with our lakeside view!

That night, Rob and I decided to try out the indoor pool.  I was a huge baby and was too cold, so needless to say, it didn't last long!  We then made a Wal-Mart run to get snacks and also bought Home Alone to watch back at the hotel.  Of course when we were back in the room I made a "drink".....blue kool-aid in a wine glass!  :)

Hanging out in the room!

The next morning we woke up to a winter wonderland!  It was beautiful!  It was perfect for the weekend because it was Lake Geneva's Festival of Lights.  The town had a big tree lighting on Friday night with a local author reading The Polar Express.  On Saturday, there was a huge list of activities and carolers throughout the town.  The snow made everything perfect!


The view from our balcony!

We started the snowy day with a delicious breakfast at Egg Harbor.  YUM!  We then spent the day shopping and walking around (and trying our best not to fall on our butts!).  We even got to take a picture with Santa and his reindeer Cupid!  This was fun because we took our picture with Cupid three years ago when we were there last.  

 Forgot her name, but she was just a baby and refused to cooperate with the elves.  She was very cute!

 Cupid, having a snack

 Santa and Cupid

Our photo with Santa!

We got the cutest little donkey for Dominick while we were there (I just couldn't help myself!).  And we walked around and got some Christmas shopping until my body just couldn't go anymore.

 Rob being a good husband and holding the packages

Dominick's bashful donkey

Later that afternoon, Rob and I decided to relax for a bit at the Grand Geneva.  The whole place was decorated so beautifully.  I loved sitting there around all the decorations!

 Posin' by one of the many trees


Hanging out on the comfy leather sofa with a beer for Rob and a lame-o iced tea for me!

That night was the Electric Light Christmas parade which was a lot of fun to watch - but very cold!  We got dinner at Hogs & Kisses and then headed back to the hotel for a swim.  I did much better swimming this time!  :)  

Sunday morning we woke up and headed to Gurnee Mills to finish up our Christmas shopping.  It was such a fantastic weekend.  AND! Rob got to SEE Dominick kicking for the first time.  He didn't believe it at first, he thought I was making my belly jump, but then Dominick just kept kicking and proved Daddy wrong!  :)  We really enjoyed our "babymoon" and had a nice relaxing weekend.  But as always, it was good to get back home...especially to see our FIRST baby, Francis.  We miss her when we're gone.  A lot!

Next time we head to Lake Geneva, we'll have a car seat in the back with our son along for the ride!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment